SYSTEMS AND CULTURE CHANGE
You have worked so hard to develop a simulation curriculum but now you have to deliver it to an audience who might not like what you have in store for them. How do you effectively integrate your innovation and curriculum into a system that seems fixed in its ways. Understanding culture and how to approach change are very integral to your ability to affect change. The articles below will address steps to be taken to make change happen.
2. Schein, EH, (1996) Three Cultures of Management: The Key to Organizaitonal Learning, Sloan Management Review. Fall, pp: 9-20.
3. Hidden Curriculum Article
Additional Suggested Readings and Movies (Required by Sim/ED Fellowship)
1. Evans, Janell, “Vision and Mission – What is the Difference and why does it matter? “ Smart@Work , April 2010, https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/smartwork/201004/vision-and-mission-whats-the-difference-and-why-does-it-matter
2. Christensen, C & Shu, K, What is an Organization’s Culture?, Harvard Business School Background Note 399-104, February 1999.
3. Ashraf, N, Rx: Human Nature, Harvard Business Review, April 2013. pp: 2-7.